Re: [CQ-Contest] WAEDC CW: only for Extra class USA

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WAEDC CW: only for Extra class USA
From: LY8O <ly8o@ot.lt>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 13:29:02 +0000 (GMT)
Very disappointing. Looks like there is a try to eliminate eastern stations
during the end of dx opening to US and will give an advantage to western
Europe. Very often I am working over 7030 to be heard in NA or SA because (as I
wrote) western stations already have big advantage to those directions due to
geographical location to compare with eastern Europe. An there is some number
of non Extra class US calls in the log more less in every bigger contest I am
on the air.
On the other hand perhaps this is because of IARU R1 recommendations to use
7000 - 7025 as contest preferred. So the question is why those limitations was
accepted in R1 and what we will do in R1 during big WW contests?

73, Remi LY8O

K5ZD wrote:

This is disappointing.  Even from W1, sometimes the only frequency I can
find to work Eu is between 7025 and 7035.

Randy, K5ZD