Re: [CQ-Contest] [SUSPECTED SPAM] Re: Is it time to reevaluate CQWWScori

To: "Shelby Summerville" <k4ww@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] [SUSPECTED SPAM] Re: Is it time to reevaluate CQWWScoring Rules?
From: "John" <shore1@xplornet.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 07:59:33 -0800
To see a post like that makes me ill to think someone could say such a thing
and that alone would turn me off helping others as a casual operator to obtain
points from someone like me and to further that, would turn me off of partaking
an active role as a casual participant in that contest at all....yes....I
agree.....it is time to re-evaluate CQWW scoring rules ....I think in simple
terms......to make the CQWW fair for every participant regardless where they
are located to avoid allowing one the advantage over another and to keep this
all honest ....here is my simple thoughts on this matter:

1 point for each contact, 2 points for each continent, 3 points for working
qrp/mobile stations, and each participant would get a certificate of
participation regardless of end of contest points status. QSL CARD MUST BE
OBTAINED FROM EACH PARTICIPANT TO PROVE ACTUAL CONTACT AND MUST BE CHECKED VIA
OFFICIAL CARD CHECKERS (same as for dxcc and any other awards etc) This would
entice even more casual participants to come out and play, and these contests
would also help them to attain WAS, DXCC among others, provided as a rule, each
of the participants sent qsl cards to PROVE actual contacts, this is also a way
of cheat-checking.....less DQ's and more honesty in the game.....this would
make it a level playing field for all..... no more cluster spot games, no more
of some stations having a unique advantage over others because of location, no
more stacking of the deck, and the one(s) who work the hardest honestly and
everyone would know via assigned card checkers, who would win eac
 h type of entry..... to me this would be the most honest and fair way for all
to enjoy the contest, sure....yes it might take longer to declare a winner but
at least it would then be an honest win.

IMHO This would take care of a lot of the bickering and fighting going on
constantly before during and after contests like this and would make it FAIR
for ALL participants regardless of what role one plays in the contest.

best dx
good luck in the contest....
73 de John
VE7JZ
100w PEP with only homebrew wire antennas 30 ft high or less for EVERY band,
and a casual participant in contests (there giving points, participating and
enjoying the challenges one faces in CQWW .....that is what it is all about!)