Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW Survey results - part 1

To: Contest List <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW Survey results - part 1
From: Mike Ritz <w7vo@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2015 18:08:01 +0000 (UTC)
In CW and RTTY contests we all know the "TU" at the end is the acknowledgement.
The nearest phone equivalent is probably "QSL", or "Good Luck", but I know a
lot, if not most of the big contesters acknowledge by moving quickly on to the
next callsign, or they call QRZ after your report, and offer no
acknowledgement. OK I get that. That said, I just about always use "Thank you
and good luck" for each phone QSO. Then again, I don't get the huge pileups the
Caribbean guys do, and I am not out for blood either.

Maybe we need some organized contests that only the exotic location / big
dollar/ big gun contest stations can enter, where QSO rate and therefore
brevity is ALL that matters. They can just work each other so the rest of us
don't get in their way and slow their rate.

73;

Mike, W7VO