Re: [CQ-Contest] cqcontest.net

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] cqcontest.net
From: "Mike Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2016 09:34:36 -0300
Hey Braco,

Thanks for all the Q's over the years.

Although the rules may not specifically say it, I think anything outside
your logging program that has anything whatsoever to do with frequencies (or
bands) and stations on those bands running should be considered assistance
and you certainly did the honourable thing by choosing "(A)" in CQWPX SSB.

Others will argue because it does not specifically mention it, it should be
allowed, but non assisted to me means "disconnected".the computer just
logging your contacts and switching your SO2R box etc....I've said this
before but assistance should almost be renamed to "connected", hi..or just
say in the rules "only your logging program can be running, no Ethernet, no
wifi, no packet, no CW skimmers, no nuttin' !...if you aren't turning the
big knob and using your ears, it is assistance.

Any data garnered about frequencies, bands, stations on certain bands, etc,.
should in most reasonable persons minds be considered assistance. (think
SPIRIT, not what a legal document might say..otherwise rules for ham radio
contests could be 100's of pages long!)

What if a rare sap from the Umbeebolo tree in Central Africa were found to
increase cyclists performance by 40% in the Tour-de-France, but was not on
the list of banned substances, should it be allowed?

Discuss !

Mike VE9AA

Mike, Coreen & Corey

Keswick Ridge, NB