Re: [CQ-Contest] Dead zero beat pile ups

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Dead zero beat pile ups
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 21:05:45 -0500
I'm a little perplexed. When the cluster spot says 14008.1, how often is the station really there, rather than at 14008.14 or 14008.06? How many of our radios are *that* well calibrated.

Also, how far off zero-beat is enough? I find Iam almost always off zero-beat when I click on a station.

73, Pete N4ZR
Download the new N1MM Logger+ at
<http://N1MM.hamdocs.com>. Check
out the Reverse Beacon Network at