Re: [CQ-Contest] CX2DK DQ

To: cq-contest@contesting.com, k9yc@arrl.net
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CX2DK DQ
From: Ria Jairam <rjairam@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2017 21:43:04 +0000
Many of us don't sound like 100W even when we use 100W. Or rather, we don't
sound like 100 watts and a piece of wire. So it's difficult to assume.

Cluster inspired peaks - it could just be people "giving out points" or
looking for states, or simply playing radio, as I often to. If I'm not
competing and not entering a log that I want scored I will sometimes use
the cluster (or skimmer) to pick up states that I need. Since I'm not
participating, nothing is wrong with me using an amp to make the contact
and spotting the station. I may or may not submit my log as a checklog
because I want to help participants but as long as my log ends up in LoTW I
am good. Many are looking for WAS or just want to play radio.

Ria
N2RJ