Re: [CQ-Contest] CX2DK DQ

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CX2DK DQ
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2017 09:27:20 -0800
On Mon,3/6/2017 6:12 AM, James Cain wrote:
Better to let nine guilty people go free than to execute one innocent person.

This quotation, about life and death, is totally inappropriate with respect to scoring of a contest.

I agree with W4PA and other members of the committee. Rules have been established to help expose some forms of cheating. It's sad that it's necessary, but if we want to enter any contest and qualify for an award, we must know and obey the rules.

I'm regularly disappointed that a significant number of NAQP participants don't obey the rules that require that a single-op be non-assisted and no more than 100W, as indicated by obvious cluster-inspired peaks of activity, and signals that sure don't sound like 100W.

73, Jim K9YC