Re: [CQ-Contest] Emails During a Contest

To: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>, CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Emails During a Contest
From: cosson-dimitri <cosson-dimitri@bbox.fr>
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2019 15:13:03 +0200
Hi Zack,
Of course, and even if it was not in the rules are you serious with your
question ?...
"X. GENERAL RULES FOR ALL ENTRANTS
H. All requests for contacts, responses to calls, and copying of call signs and
contest exchanges must be accomplished during the contest period using the mode
and frequencies of the contest."
73 de Dimitri F4DSK / TM3Z

Envoyé depuis mon smartphone Samsung Galaxy.-------- Message d'origine
--------De : Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com> Date : 02/04/2019  14:04
(GMT+01:00) À : CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com> Objet : Re: [CQ-Contest]
Emails During a Contest
The rule you quoted specifically states "after the contest." KU8E said it
happened during the contest. Is there a rule for "during a contest"?

73, Zack W9SZ

On Tue, Apr 2, 2019 at 6:58 AM rjairam@gmail.com <rjairam@gmail.com> wrote:

>  It is specifically against rule X. I.
>
> “Correction of logged call signs and exchanges after the contest by using
> any database, recordings, email or other methods of confirming QSOs is not
> allowed.”
>

> Ria
> N2RJ
>

> On Mon, Apr 1, 2019 at 10:55 PM ku8e <ku8e@ku8e.com> wrote:
>
> > I had a station who I worked during the WPX SSB contest send me an email
> > during the contest asking what the number I sent him was. I guess he
> wasn't
> > sure when he worked me.Do you think this is cheating? Personally I think
> > this is cheating. Maybe I should forward that email to CQ? It really irks
> > me when people blatantly cheat and think there are no consequences. Also
> > there were way too many stations on 40 meters from Europe that were
> > probably cheating by running some serious power. It's frustrating when
> you
> > call someone who is 30db over S9 and they CQ in your face. It's not like
> > have a crummy antenna on that band plus I'm running an amp. Maybe someone
> > in Europe can explain to me what I'm missing?Jeff KU8E Sent from my
> > Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
> >
> --
> Ria Jairam, N2RJ
> Director, Hudson Division
> ARRL - The national association for Amateur Radio™
> +1.973.594.6275
> https://hudson.arrl.org
> n2rj@arrl.org
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>