Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL DX Contest Multioperator Station Guidelines

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL DX Contest Multioperator Station Guidelines
From: "Mike Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2020 19:24:45 -0300
Doesn't it seem wrong to anyone at the ARRL for someone to send an
exchange,(for example) like "DC" if they live in MD, VA, DE, NJ, PA or
wherever? (I didn't get out the calipers to determine the exact 100km
circle, but you get my drift)

I applaud your efforts and your heart is in the right place attempting to
drum up business, but you should've really reached out to contesters and
your CAC to vet the new rules.  I think they're slightly flawed. (and maybe
even illegal~!)

I have taken part in sanctioned distributed M/M's for a couple Canadian
contests and it was always with other VE9's..never with VE1's, VY2's,. VO1's
etc.  That would just be dishonest.

Time to take a step back and examine what you did there.

Mike , VE9AA..always in NB (if sending a VE9 prefix)

p.s.- I am not against remote operating, where all the antennas and
transmitters are on one property. That's different.

Mike, Coreen & Corey

Keswick Ridge, NB