RFI

[RFI] Computer RFI problem

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Computer RFI problem
From: k5uj@hotmail.com (Rob Atkinson, K5UJ)
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 17:38:15 +0000
I'm seeing a reiteration of an earlier message with no explanation.
Perhaps I have misunderstood what is meant by "...dropping it [the feedline]
down vertically in line with the main antenna element..."
I have pictured a feedline dropping away _below_ a vertical radiating
element, in line with it, and having no part parallel to the same radiator.
The excerpted description above could easily refer to a feedline parallel to
the radiating element although I have no idea why anyone would feed an
antenna in that fashion.  However that would indeed result in a great deal
of coupling it seems to me.  Otherwise, I wish to have this explained to me
please.  Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Rob Atkinson
K5UJ