RFI

Re: [RFI] Tv interference

To: "Jim P" <jvpoll@dallas.net>,"Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>,"RFI List" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Tv interference
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 16:01:09 -0500
Yesterday, a visiting appliance repairman had an interesting story.  He says
that the solid-state uP motor controls are and DC motors are becoming very
common; in particular, he says that front-loading washing machines need to
reverse the direction of drum rotation, and that it is more reliable and
cheaper to do it electronically (with a DC motor) than with a mechanical
transmission.  FWIW.

73, Pete