[RTTY] Re: 17" flat panel prices

To: RTTY@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] Re: 17" flat panel prices
From: Peter Laws <plaws@plaws.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2004 10:36:11 -0600 (CST)
On Fri, 5 Nov 2004, Peter Laws wrote:

-> stores and about a dozen elsewhere) has a BENQ LCD panel on sale for
-> $219 after rebates!
->
-> It's 17" and does 1280x1024, the latter being what I've been looking
-> for. Model Q7T3, Product Name T701 (the former being on the shipping
-> carton, the latter being silk-screen on the handsome black enclosure).

The unit does have the VESA mounting holes (100 mm x 100 mm).  It's 14.5"
tall from the shelf to the top of the unit and 14.75" wide.  That makes
the face about an inch wider and taller than the 15" CRT it replaced.
The depth, however, is 6.5" and that's all base.  The panel itself is only
2.5".  The CRT is 17" deep.

The system thinks it's an FP737s, and that's what the owner's guide says
it is (even though T701 is on the enclosure).

Sorry for being so verbose about this, but I've been using an LCD panel at
work since 1998 and have wanted one at home since then.  I'm just so
excited to get one for so cheap!!

73,
Peter Laws
N5UWY/9