[RTTY] NAQP RTTY Frequencies

To: "RTTY Reflector" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] NAQP RTTY Frequencies
From: "Shelby Summerville" <k4ww@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 04:03:34 -0500
This has been posted, before, and after February NAQP RTTY, it needs posting
again. I'm a strong proponent of "not preaching to the choir", but, short of
a rules change, I feel this is the best way to "get the word out"! Before
y'all inundate me with "technical" examples: "I use a KAMPlus for my RTTY
operation, and if I can copy your signal, in any of the below mentioned
frequencies, you're too close"!

Although I have absolutely no control over unmanned Packet stations, that
cause interference, in the RTTY portion of the bands, I do have some over
the alleged interference caused by participants, in NAQP RTTY! Most, and all
should, know that 14.100 is the frequency of the NCDXF beacon. During NAQP
RTTY, transmitting between 14.099-14.101 is not allowed! Also, in the spirit
of cooperation, during NAQP RTTY, transmitting between 14.069-14.073, is
also not allowed! These "off limits" frequencies are not a part of the
rules, yet. I prefer to allow the participants in NAQP RTTY to "self police"
and follow these guidelines. Several stations were monitored, by me, calling
CQ, between 14.099-14.101, and I have a complaint of interference, with
ongoing PSK QSO's, between 14.069-14.073. Please don't force a change in the
rules, and refrain from transmitting in the aforementioned frequencies.

Shelby Summerville, K4WW
Contest Manager
NAQP RTTY