[TenTec] Ten Tec Performance

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Ten Tec Performance
From: ke5c@vvm.com (John, ke5c)
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 18:20:01 -0500
> I own a 1000mp and just bought a omni 6 plus from ten-tec..of course a
mike

I can't compare the omni to the mp, but I've used both the omni and the
1000d in cw contests, and most Yaesu ops think the kd has a better receiver
than the mp.  On individual specifications, the omni loses, but I still
prefer it for cw.  The kd wins everytime on a particular specification, but
the omni just integrates the features in a simple yet functional way.  I
like the way it sounds, I like the control placement - especially the filter
selection above the main tuning knob, I like the pass band tuning scheme,
and I like the audio noise and low-pass filters.  It just all works together
so well on cw.  I would not trade my omni even up for a kd and certainly not
for an mp, but I'm not a ssb operator.

73, de ke5c, op john