Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Installation

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Installation
From: "AD5VJ Bob" <rtnmi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 13:24:59 -0500
 Just called Lowes and they have 3/16" cable with a working strength of 800
lbs. I don't know if this is the same or not.

Went to Texas Towers and they have "guy wire" listed at
3/16" EHS - 100 FT. $39

This price is cheaper than what is at Lowes so knowing this it the real deal,
perhaps I should just get it at Texas Towers.

So turnbuckles are a necessity. They look like it they are sure pricey at 15.00
each. At least I guess the 3/8"X6" eye will work. Or
do I need a different one for this setup?

I will be adding sections to the tower later on but can only afford the three
right now.

  73 fer nw es gud DX,
QSL VIA: BUR, LotW, e-QSL
Bob AD5VJ