FW: [WriteLog] Working dupes

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: FW: [WriteLog] Working dupes
From: Chad.Kurszewski@motorola.com (Kurszewski Chad-WCK005)
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 15:06:02 -0500
Wayne had this to say on the matter:
======================================
> The %C processing in WriteLog is definitely broken in 10.27 and
> after staring at the source code update histories for a while, I
> believe it has been broken for quite a long time. I am surprised
> it has not been pointed out before.
>
> What's broken is as was pointed out on the reflector:
>
> %C XYZ
>
> fails to send the XYZ if the CALL field is a dupe. But whether
> the CALL is a dupe should only have an effect if %B is
> present in the memory. This will be fixed in 10.28.
>
> Wayne

Also, WA9ALS had this nugget:

Doesn't using %D instead of %C solve
this?  I work dupes all the time while running.

Contrary to popular belief, %C XYZ should send XYZ to the dupe
in the absence of %B's.  If one reads the WL help file, this is
referred to as the "special case", or lack of the special case.

I think this matter closed.  Thank you Wayne.

Chad WE9V