Re: [WriteLog] SIIG 4 Serial Port PCI Board and MMTTY

To: Aldewey@aol.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] SIIG 4 Serial Port PCI Board and MMTTY
From: "Mike McCarthy, W1NR" <lists@w1nr.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 05:49:37 -0400
Most likely this is a driver issue. Are you sure you have downloaded the
latest drivers from SIIG?
Another possibility is the chipset don't support 5 bit operation. This
would mean getting a different card. Most of the USB-serial adapter
chips only support 7 and 8 bit codes. I have a bad feeling that 5 bit
slow operation is getting dumped in a lot of newer serial port chips or
is getting overlooked and not tested.
I have a cheap generic MOSCHIP board in my computer and it works just
fine, but it does require the latest drivers off their WEB site.
You could also try software generated FSK off the DTR pin. This would
bypass any 5 bit or speed restrictions on the chip.

Mike, W1NR