[AMPS] 4CX15000 Amp.????

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 4CX15000 Amp.????
From: philk5pc@connect.net (Phil Clements)
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 15:15:05 -0500
To: <amps@contesting.com>
>Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 15:11:04 -0500
>To: Lee Buller <k0wa@southwind.net>
>From: Phil Clements <philk5pc@connect.net>
>Subject: Re: [AMPS] 4CX15000 Amp.????
>
>At 02:00 PM 4/18/97 -0500, you wrote:
>>
>> You realize, that making the upper limit a 3000 watt
>>disappation level you effectively say, "run 3000 watts."

It also says to RTTY contesters to "run 750 watts." Oops!(playing field tilt)

>>But really, so we need tubes with handles?  Do we need that much power?

No, we certainly do not need tubes with handles, that is a little "over-kill!"
I think an effective radiated power/antenna height formula would level the
field.

>>  What is the difference of working the p5 on day one>or day 15?

The P5 was only on for ONE day..there are only 34 hams on the planet that have
"worked them all" now. Several other expeditions have ended up this way also
through equipment failures or weather problems. I prepare for the worst when
one I need comes up...need 3 more, then I'll do something else!

>> When the sunspots grace us...does it really matter?  I think not!

I haven't been graced by a sunspot in 3 years! Now is when you need some umph.

>>I'm happy that the idea was not limiting it to 500 watts!

This thread is far from over! Someone is sure to suggest this. To put things
in perspective, my electric hair dryer also runs 1500 watts..not really a lot
of power.

Keep the faith!

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC