[AMPS] Parasitic suppressors/another question,

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Parasitic suppressors/another question,
From: measures@vc.net (Rich Measures)
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 1999 01:55:47 -0700

>>?  So it is the loss of contact tension that indirectly causes the
>>resistance of the suppressor resistors to substantially increase without
>>showing an outward sign of resistor overheating?
>
>How long will you hold to the view that the resistors where of proper
>resistance value before the oscillation took place when you have no proof?

?  I bought new +/- 5% resistors at the radio parts emporium.  The
resistors were within spec.   Approx. Ten minutes later they were toasted
during operation on 40m despite the fact that each was connected in
parallel with a couple of inches of #16 ga. copper buswire.

> You are making an assumption that the resistors were within spec before
>the arcing.  We have no way of knowing that unless you measured them just
>before the arc.

?   Something tells me that the elapsed time will never be short enough.

Rich...