[AMPS] Parasitic suppressors/another question,

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Parasitic suppressors/another question,
From: nj4f@erols.com (Steve Bookout)
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 1999 15:35:56 -0400
Hello All,

I currently have a home brew amp which I need to finish which I can make
oscillate at the drop of a pin.

Would it be of interest to anyone for me to put new resistors in the anode
suppressors and check values before and after the 'event'?

73 de Steve, NR4M, ex NJ4F

At 03:26 PM 4/9/99 , Jon Ogden wrote:

>>?  So it is the loss of contact tension that indirectly causes the
>>resistance of the suppressor resistors to substantially increase without
>>showing an outward sign of resistor overheating?
>
>How long will you hold to the view that the resistors where of proper
>resistance value before the oscillation took place when you have no proof?
>You are making an assumption that the resistors were within spec before the
>arcing.  We have no way of knowing that unless you measured them just before
>the arc.

>resistors fail.
>
>It's a bad idea to make an assumption based on incomplete evidence.  Try it
>in a court of law and you'll be laughed at.
>
>73,
>
>Jon
>KE9NA

>Jon Ogden
>
>jono@enteract.com
>www.qsl.net/ke9na

>--

Steve Bookout, NR4M (ex NJ4F)
Rapidan Data Systems

'DX4WIN...The way logging programs should be!'
Free demo at http://www.erols.com/pvander