[AMPS] 50~ vs 60~ ???

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 50~ vs 60~ ???
From: Uwe.Egen@t-online.de (Uwe Egen)
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2001 09:44:16 +0200
A.AIMETTE schrieb:

> This may be a well known topic, but not to me!
>
> What happens when you operate a USA 60~ hi power amp on 50~?  Does the
> filament voltage change?  B+ voltage changes?
>
> any info would be helpful?  thanks again alex w2ox/v47kp

Hi Alex,
A big one P.Dahl does not show negative effects but a small transformer
with less iron will saturate a bit more (Gauss).
Results, higher temperature at load and no load. Output Voltages are
mostly equal. "Switch On" current is higher (fuses).
Fans rotate a bit slower and cooling is less. At first time be carefull
during a 48h contest.
In the past I used different US equipment, Collins, Heath, Drake, Alpha etc
with original PS. No negative results.
Uwe, DL9NC