[AMPS] 50~ vs 60~ ???

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 50~ vs 60~ ???
From: bjk@ihug.co.nz (Barry Kirkwood)
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 07:42:37 +1200
More:
The problem with the 2K was probably not the transformer but the tuned
choke. Adding C would shift in to 100hz and restore the regulation.
True, the core will saturate sooner at 50Hz but tthis should not be a
problem if the original 60Hz design had reasonable headroom to cope with
likley variations in the line supply.
73
end
Barry Kirkwood PhD ZL1DD