[AMPS] 50~ vs 60~ ???

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 50~ vs 60~ ???
From: bjk@ihug.co.nz (Barry Kirkwood)
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 07:36:33 +1200
It is most unusual for transformers of a size commonly used in the amateur
service and rated 60Hz to "burn up" when used on 50Hz.
Worst case is usually poor regulation. If the 60Hz device "burns up" on 50hz
it was proably a very poor transfromer when used at 60Hz.
BTW if there are problems, they are usually with tiny transformers in
accessories, not linear amp power supplies.
73
end
Barry Kirkwood PhD ZL1DD
Signal Hill Homestay