Re: [Amps] Tokyo HP

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Tokyo HP
From: jkearman@att.net (Jim Kearman)
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 18:43:25 +0000
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@ispwest.com>

> Bad enough the CB'ers blatantly violate the law, now here's a
> licensed ham advocating the same thing. Shame on you, John.

Let's put this in perspective. We can probably assume THP amps meet current FCC
requirements for spurs, and it is legal for U.S. hams to run up to 1500 out,
except on 30 meters. Not only do bootleg CB amps violate type-acceptance rules,
their power levels are waaaaay in excess of FCC rules for Class D. If THP gear
were blatantly dirty it would be a different horse. But I don't see any real
harm being done here. The spirit of the rules is to maintain technical
standards, not inhibit international trade on a personal level.

73,

Jim, KR1S
http://kr1s.kearman.com/