Re: [Amps] Shipping Alpha 91b from US to Eu

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Shipping Alpha 91b from US to Eu
From: Steve Thompson <g8gsq@eltac.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2007 22:44:33 +0100
David Cutter wrote:
> What is the rule about legacy items in production before the ROHS
> compliance date?  I wonder what the cut-off date is/was.
The cut off was 1st July 2006. Non compliant goods had to have
been already sold or 'on the market' by that date. Items still in
production don't count. The stupidity of the legislation means it
applies to a 1930s US made radiogram the same as a brand new Alpha
amplifier if the individual item (not the product range) hasn't
been on sale in the EU before the cut off date.

Of course, if you're buying the equipment as spares for something
that's already legally in the EU, RoHS doesn't apply.

Steve