Re: [Amps] MFJ and Dahl

To: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>, "john" <johnmb@nc.rr.com>,<amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] MFJ and Dahl
From: "Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2007 18:15:50 -0800

From: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
To: "john" <johnmb@nc.rr.com>; <amps@contesting.com>
Sent: Saturday, December 08, 2007 5:42 PM

> Profit and garbage is his business plan. Selling to idiot hams is one
> thing,
> selling to industrial customers is something altogether different.
>
> Ameritron has steadily gone down hill since More Friggin Junk took them
> over.
>
> Carl
> KM1H

Yeah, I suspect the big improvements in the Ameritron amps came
when W8JI took over the business from Prime Instruments. Its too
bad the Jue doesn't pay more attention to quality. There are lot of
useful products in his portfolio, but I am always gun shy about
buying things from him because of the poor quality control. I've got
a few things from MFJ that work great and appear to be built
reasonably well. Other stuff is just shamefully poor in quality.