Re: [Amps] MFJ and Dahl

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] MFJ and Dahl
From: "Ward Silver" <hwardsil@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2007 11:12:21 -0800
N9AA is exactly right.  MFJ makes what hams need at prices they can pay.
There are often very good reasons that the companies MFJ buys are available
for sale.  I agree with the observation that the equipment isn't built to
industrial-commercial standards.  But how many of us could pay that price?
Not many and certainly not enough to make a company work, year after year.
Yes, MFJ quality often stumbles, but if that is all the ham market is
willing to pay for, I don't know what economic miracle would enable or, from
a strictly business standpoint, justify more.  MFJ fills an important niche
in the amateur market and I am glad they do.

73, Ward N0AX