Re: [Amps] MFJ and Dahl

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] MFJ and Dahl
From: Steve Berg <wa9jml@tbc.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2007 15:17:06 -0600
I bought a new power transformer years ago from Peter Dahl for my old
Gonset GSB-100 exciter.  It is far better than the original, which like
most of the other OEM transformers was bad when I got the transmitter.
It was easy to install, requiring only 2 holes to be drilled, and it has
worked great ever since.  Yes, it was expensive but it has allowed me to
continue to use a radio I like very much.  I am hoping to get another
transformer from them to build up a new Gonset G-76 power supply before
they close the doors.  I have had that rig since 1965, and have not used
it for years since my other power supply had problems.  Now, I have
scrounged most of the stuff I will need to replicate the OEM power
supply and I want to get that rig off the shelf and back on the desk
where it belongs.  Peter Dahl has enabled many of us to keep the old
clunkers on the air, and it cannot be cheap to research, design and
build so many old style transformers in small quantities.  They have
performed a great service for many years to the Boatanchor community.

73,

Steve WA9JML