Re: [Amps] MFJ and Dahl

To: "Steve Berg" <wa9jml@tbc.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] MFJ and Dahl
From: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2007 18:16:21 -0500
What I dont understand is some of the prices charged at Dahl.
Take for instance a boatanchor receiver audio output xfmr for a SX-28,
NC-183D or similar. Originals were sent so some engineering wasnt required.
Dimensions are known as well as impedances and power level. The end result
is $125-130 for something not much bigger than a pack of cigarettes. I can
see that for the first one but not when it becomes a catalog item.

Yes, there is set up time and the line has to be disturbed to run them BUT
why didnt he run say 10 at a time instead of claiming they are single
quantity "special order" ? They are not items that will spend much time
gathering dust in inventory.

All we can do at this point is hope that either employees or a quality
established company takes over.

Does anyone know if any family was involved in the operation? Ive only dealt
with Gary over several years but never knew his last name.

Carl
KM1H