Re: [Amps] MFJ

To: 'Jim Brown' <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] MFJ
From: Doug Renwick <ve5ra@sasktel.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2007 15:28:04 -0600
OK Mr Jim how about listing all the companies that MFJ has pushed out of
the market.  Then we can decide, rather than you, whether it was a good
thing or otherwise.  If MFJ has cornered the market, then why aren't
their prices pushed higher for the same quality?  Let me suggest that
either it is a corporate mission to keep prices low or it is competition
that keeps prices low - Jim, welcome to the free enterprise system.  You
are welcome to buy something with a fancier enclosure if that makes you
happy.

Doug

I strongly disagree. When a company blankets a market with low cost low
quality stuff (as MFJ and Walmart do), it usually pushes other companies
with
better quality stuff at a somewhat higher prices out of the market (and
often
out of biz). Some may see that as a good thing, but I don't.

73,

Jim Brown K9YC

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
08/12/2007 11:59 AM