Re: [Amps] SB-220 troubles

To: <amps@contesting.com>, "Pete Smith" <n4zr@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB-220 troubles
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 08:55:53 -0500
It would be rather simple to install a AC line cover interlock with a
microswitch as other brands have done for decades.

However since its a chore to remove the cabinet and cover for servicing
AND the cover often needs to be off when checking and testing I always
bend the shorting strap down. Or use a clip lead jumper on other amps.

If you are overfully forgetful then place a big label on the cover
reminding you to pull the AC cord before sticking fingers in amp.

Carl
KM1H