Re: [Amps] Clipperton-L parasitic suppressors

To: amps@contesting.com, w6nws@arrl.net
Subject: Re: [Amps] Clipperton-L parasitic suppressors
From: Tim Long <tlong8@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 17:29:54 -0500
Hi Larry,
Yes, indeed they are 100 ohm, 2W, carbon composition.  Carbon
composition resistors are hard to find.  Ceramic composition resistors
are a good substitute.  I just ordered some myself from Mouser - they're
Ohmite P/N - OY101KE.  I doubt the diameters will be the same.  The
stock suppressor coils had 6 turns of 16 or 18 AWG on the resistor
body.  I think 4 turns of 1/2 inch diameter is pretty close.  I used 14 AWG.
Good luck & 73, Tim, W2UI