[Amps] New HF amplifier

To: Amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] New HF amplifier
From: Dennis OConnor <ad4hk2004@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 07:05:29 -0700 (PDT)
Palstar bought the rights to produce the Commander line of amplifiers after the
owner's health declined...
They expected to be able to simply truck the inventory to their shop and resume
production, with perhaps a few mods... They discovered that the amps had
problems that they were not willing to have associated with the Palstar name...
 They spent a full year and considerable tens of thousands of dollars in
re-engineering, testing, and re-engineering, the entire amplifier line, and
especially the HF2500DX... (the only original part remaining on the Palstar
version of the HF2500DX, is the name)

I did have a small part in the final design of the tank circuit when they
encountered a problem that had them stopped...  I made a suggestion... They
tried it... They liked it...  It is an excellent amp...

denny / k8do