Re: [Amps] New HF amplifier

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] New HF amplifier
From: Dennis OConnor <ad4hk2004@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 13:27:13 -0700 (PDT)
"Ah, that explains it."

Explains what, Carl?  That I have a Palstar explains something?! holy smokeezs

I also have a Commander built HF2500DX  - that I have had to resurrect a couple
of times, and like you I know they are a pain to work on - but at least give me
credit for being able to do my own work...

I also have a couple of Henry's, a Dentron somewhere, an SB220, and a couple of
homebrew's, along with a ragtag assortment of power tubes, vacuum caps, etc.
the usual detritus of over a half century of playing with amps - including
industrial experience maintaining RF amps from 10 KW to 100 KW (we had a row of
those bad boys bringing the teeth on transmission gears from room temperature
to 1000 degrees in mere seconds)..

I miss your point...
The point that I raised is that having taps on a toroid in the tank circuit of
an amp is poor engineering...

oh yeah, and a TenTec Titan, I almost forgot about it - one sweet qsk rig with
the Orion II...

cheers Carl,
denny / k8do