Re: [Amps] 4 wire 240VAC service? What to do now?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 4 wire 240VAC service? What to do now?
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 07:58:36 -0400
> Being that it is only 120 volts you have a hot, neutral and a ground wire
> run out there. You should have the ground wire from the main panel
> connected
> to the ground buss in the sub panel along with the local ground rod out
> there. Do not bond the neutral to the sub panel ground.

I realize this is drifting OT but I had a situation several years ago where
an isolation transformer was used at a remote building.  In that case, I
believe the NEC addresses the distribution as a separately derived system
and as an exception to the general rule, neutral would bond with ground in
the remote building's panel.  I don't recall is ground must be pulled from
the main building in such a system if there's no direct conductor path
across the transformer.

Paul, W9AC