[Amps] IMD

To: Amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] IMD
From: richard courtway <courtway@syix.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 11:09:13 -0800
Have been enjoying and learning from the discussions concerning IMD
problems with SSB signals and their causes.

Personally am a cw operator - and hear quit a few very wide and
splattering cw signals .  Thinking that most of this is caused by
operators trying to get a kw out of a 800 watt rig.  Overdriving - etc.

Am approaching the time when I will have my first amp on line -  and
wondering if any of you would care to comment on the causes of such
lousy sounding cw signals.

Thankee - and HNY to you all.

de Dick / aka N7RC