Re: [Amps] RG6 Power Handling

To: Manfred Mornhinweg <manfred@ludens.cl>, "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] RG6 Power Handling
From: Steven Katz <stevek@jmr.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 16:25:42 +0000
I use RG-400/U for this kind of stuff.  It's about .200" diameter, PTFE
dielectric, stranded (silver plated copper) center conductor, braid (silver
plated copper) outer conductor, reasonably flexible, takes extreme heat and no
problem with legal limit power even at 10:1 VSWR.  Certainly available in cut
lengths from The RF Connection and other sources.