Re: [Amps] Entry level license

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Entry level license
From: Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2017 11:39:00 -0500
>>And her only interest in the license was for emergency communications in our
>>mountain community that has no cell service, not enough motivation to cause
>>her to persevere. :)

Which is perfectly fine but it underscores my opinion that there
should be established a two way or land mobile radio service for
people who have no interest in the radio art but want to be able to
operate a two-way voice mode transceiver for utility communications
such as balloon chasing, severe storm spotting, marathon coordination
and emergency or service coordination.

The ARS should be for people interested in radio for the sake of
radio, with a secondary emphasis on service such as long distance
traffic handling and health/welfare communication in and out of
widespread disaster areas devastated by "acts of God" such as
hurricanes.

73

Rob
K5UJ