Re: [Amps] Entry level license

To: Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Entry level license
From: Michael Clarson <wv2zow@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2017 13:36:51 -0400
Rob: What you say is pretty much the way things have worked out, but a look
at the rules put emergency communications as the first reason for the
creation of the  Amateur Radio Service. So, the service you describe is
us!. Making the licensing easier is in line with that.--Mike, WV2ZOW

*§97.1   Basis and purpose.*

The rules and regulations in this part are designed to provide an amateur
radio service having a fundamental purpose as expressed in the following
principles:

(a) Recognition and enhancement of the value of the amateur service to the
public as a voluntary noncommercial communication service, particularly
with respect to providing emergency communications.