Re: [Amps] peak voltage rating for load cap

To: Conrad PA5Y <g0ruz@g0ruz.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] peak voltage rating for load cap
From: Vic Rosenthal <k2vco.vic@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2017 17:50:37 +0300
The loading capacitor in a PI-L circuit is at an intermediate impedance point
between the plate circuit impedance and 50 ohms. So the first step is to
determine what the impedance is at that point, which depends on the circuit
design.
Once you know that, you can use Ohm's law to figure out the voltage assuming,
everything is tuned and SWR is unity. The voltage will be the square root of
(the power in watts times the impedance in ohms).
To allow for mistuning, SWR, etc., you should probably use a capacitor rated at
several times this.

Vic 4X6GP