Re: [CQ-Contest] Packet statistics

To: "Maurizio Panicara" <i4jmy.mauri@gmail.com>,"Scott Nichols" <snichols@mvosprey.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Packet statistics
From: "Igor Sokolov" <ua9cdc@r66.ru>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 23:42:35 +0500
I think I have merrier idea :)
We need to change rules so that it is not beneficial to use packet
anymore. For instance judges collect cluster statistics after the
contest and every station that was spotted during the contest counts
half of the points it would be counted otherwise. Same applies to
multiplier. In addition the spotted station looses say 0.1% of total
points for every spot that appears in the cluster. That will affect
rare DX  and big guns the most (they are spotted  more often), but
that is all right because they are better off. This can be easily
implemented in the log checking software. :)

Grin....
Igor, UA9CDC