Re: [CQ-Contest] How frequent to ID? Every QSO? No way!

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] How frequent to ID? Every QSO? No way!
From: "Barry " <w2up@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 23:42:56 -0000
I'll start by saying I greatly admire Jose's contesting skills and he
was also kind enough to take me and the XYL out to dinner when we
were in Lisbon a few years ago.  However, his approach exudes
selfishness and poor sportsmanship.  Yes, I realize it is a contest,
but there's a limit to how much "me me me" one does at the expense of
others.  Is it right to expect others to wait an entire minute for an
ID?   If so, those lost QSOs are coming out of someone else's pocket.

How about this scenario, using the same "me me me" logic:
Me: CQ test de W2UP
DX: W3UP de CT1XXX
Me: CT1XXX 5995
DX: TU 59914
Me: TU

Note that DX miscopied my call.  Do I have any obligation to correct
it?  I still get the QSO points because I copied him correctly, but
he loses this QSO + 3 QSOs for a U+1 busted call.  It would cost me
several msec to send my call again and I could be making another QSO
instead of helping DX get my call right.
See what I mean?
73,
Barry W2UP