Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW SSB. Mathematics

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW SSB. Mathematics
From: "Shelby Summerville" <k4ww@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 18:20:58 -0400
KE1FO wrote: "You have 2 responsibilities during the
exchange - that you copy his info correctly, and you make sure he copies
your info correctly."

The first "responsibility", I will agree with! Pray tell, when you haven't
copied his call correctly, and return the exchange to the miscopied call,
and the other station does nothing to correct it, how are you supposed to
get it correct? Any contest(s) rule that penalizes one station for the
mistake(s) of another, IMHO, is wrong?
At one time, in RTTY contests, I sent the other station call, prior to, and
after the exchange, plus sending it again with the "QRZ" message. I noticed
little, if any, improvement in the miscopied calls?

C'Ya, Shelby - K4WW