Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest Rig

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest Rig
From: PaulKB8N@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 09:25:50 EDT
If you are a CW contester only, I think the Omni VI is still a very viable
contest radio.  I've used just about every type of contest radio (albeit
short-term) but I can't find anything that provides the overall performance,
reliability and intuitive ergonomics that the Omni provides.  I've thought
about
doing the Inrad roofing filter mod on both radios, but find so few  instances
where it would make a difference that I wonder if would be a  good investment.
As the song goes, "Give Me the Simple Life"

Paul, K5AF