Re: [CQ-Contest] Enforceable rules

To: "Cq-Contest Reflector" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Enforceable rules
From: "Shelby Summerville" <k4ww@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 18:02:18 -0500
John Geiger wrote: "And what about publicly (more or less) stating that
you won't enforce certain rules."

Reminds me of the speed limit enforcement! Depending on what mood the
enforcement official is in, as to the amount "over the posted limit" is
allowed?
The "limit" is still what is posted, but is enforced inconsistently?
Regardless, as long as SS rules are written, as they are now, anyone using a
check differently, than what is called for in the rules, is violating the
current rules? IMHO, "Check (the last two digits of the year you were first
licensed)" is not open to interpretation, of should it be variable. If "it
can be any number that "we" choose, as long as it remains consistent,
through the contest", then the rules need to be rewritten to indicate this?
Personally, I think it is time for the ARRL contest manager to make a
decision, not an interpretation, on this?

C'Ya, Shelby - K4WW