Re: [CQ-Contest] Random acts of kindness, Unassisted Categories,Rules, e

To: "Ken Widelitz" <widelitz@gte.net>, "Tree" <tree@kkn.net>,cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Random acts of kindness, Unassisted Categories,Rules, etc.
From: "K0HB " <k-zero-hb@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 03:22:15 -0000

> If you call "CQ, especially looking for VY1" and you are not connected to
> packet, you are not cheating, intentionally or otherwise. I don't equate
> hoping for a "random act of kindness" with intentionally cheating. I don't
> equate calling a directional CQ with asking where to find the VY1,
although,
> as a result of a "random act of kindness" that CQ might be so interpreted.
>
> 73, Ken, K6LA / VY2TT

You have described >persactly< what I do when I get down to the short rows
in SweepStakes.

The ARRL rules governing this state.....

2.1.Single Operator: One person performs all transmitting, receiving, and
logging functions
as well as equipment and antenna adjustments.

2.1.1.Use of spotting assistance or nets (operating arrangements involving
other individuals,
DX-alerting nets, packet, Internet, etc) is not permitted.

....where spotting assistance is defined as "operating ARRANGEMENTS
involving.....".

Since no >arrangements< were made, taking advantage of the "random" (random
= not arranged) act does not place the entry into the assisted category.

73 es beep beep,

de Hans, K0HB