Re: [CQ-Contest] Improper WPX Exchanges

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Improper WPX Exchanges
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 07:01:24 -0400
At 06:55 PM 3/31/2008, N7mal wrote:
>... When you deliberately and willfully break the rules
>then there needs to be a penalty. With reference to this past  WPXSSB the
>only reasonable penalty is DQ since it appears the rule breaking involved
>more than 50% of those stations that were worked by the offending
>stations....

Considering the high price to be paid for being disqualified in the current
WRTC qualification environment, perhaps the contest sponsors should simply
not accept any log sent in by one of these "protesters".  This is certainly
different from covert use of packet, additional operators. and other forms
of cheating that we've run into recently.  They were scarcely hiding what
they were doing.

73, Pete N4ZR