Re: [CQ-Contest] Improper WPX Exchanges

To: "CQ Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Improper WPX Exchanges
From: "Georgens, Tom" <Tom.Georgens@netapp.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 07:17:05 -0700

If we really want to up the rate during the pileups, why don't we just
give the serial number every other QSO?  Most Q's are casual ops who
really do not care what the serial number is, so why waste their time.
On top of that, since it is a pileup, everybody but the station who got
through will already know what number you are on, so why bother sending
it.  For the big gun who gets through on the first call, waiting another
10 seconds probably equalizes the competition for the stations that are
not as loud.

Rate is king, and we don't need any archaic rules slowing us down.

73, Tom W2SC