Re: [CQ-Contest] How many hours do SOAB entrants actually operate?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] How many hours do SOAB entrants actually operate?
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2013 08:23:43 -0600
Nearly all the marathon runners actually finish the race. In contesting, we have nearly 90 percent of the runners failing to complete the race.

Mike W0MU

On 3/31/2013 4:38 PM, Cqtestk4xs@aol.com wrote:
People run in marathons and hate the last part of the run.  However,  they
do it for the same reasons I and some of the other "iron butts" do a full
48 or close to it.  It's a challenge.... a rare combination of skill and
endurance.  Skill is the sprint, endurance is the marathon.  The CQWW  and the
ARRLDX are a beautiful combo of the two.
Marathons are not for everyone and either is being an "iron butt". But,
it is a great feeling to still do it at 66 years of  age.
Bill K4XS/KH7XS In a message dated 3/31/2013 3:00:14 A.M. Coordinated Universal Time,