Re: [CQ-Contest] Running ID

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Running ID
From: David Levine <david@levinecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2013 10:09:36 -0400
I operated unassisted so I didn't have the use of any hints from the
cluster. My approach, if I can't tell who it is, is just "mark" the spot in
N1MM band map so I know there's a station there and come back to it later.
I do the same for a station that I do know the call for but there's a
pileup. Why sit around and wait and not just come back later.

There were plenty of ops I worked that had good pileups but sent their ID
every 3 or so times. In the past, and I'd probably agree, not sending their
call every time is a technique for helping managing a pileup.

David - K2DSL